Mike Smith (UKITB), Michiel Van der Voort (BCS) & Geoff Thompson (UKITB)
Internationally, software testing exams are currently available at a number of different entry points from Foundation to Advanced. For those professionals looking for certification beyond Advanced level, ISTQB will be providing its Expert level exam. The Institute will continue to offer its UK only Practitioner level in Software Testing until early 2011.
Why is this good for the UK Testing Industry?
- Harmonised post Foundation level certification – one single International Software Testing Certification Scheme
- Simplified the choice of scheme to follow, ISTQB is recognised globally and supported by 47 national boards
- Consistent certification and testing vocabulary used globally
- Simplified testing certification to support internal testing career paths
For training providers:
- Single exam provider supporting all ISTQB exams in the UK (Foundation, Advanced Test Manager, Advanced Test Analyst and Advanced Technical Test Analyst)
- Removal of the need to market two separate schemes
- Removal of the effort required to maintain two separate advanced level certification schemes
- Only need to accredit and maintain a single set of training materials
- Trainers only need to be accredited once
- Simplified accreditation and exam booking via a single examination provider